Hispanic and Women Farmers and Ranchers Claims Process | Environment
USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA,) Rural Development (RD) and the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) are holding five public meetings where USDA program updates and the Hispanic and Women Farmers and Ranchers Claims Process will be discussed.
The 180--day Hispanic and Women Farmers and Ranchers claims filing period opened September 24, 2012, and will close on March 25, 2013.
Below is a list of upcoming USDA public meetings:
- Oct. 22, Lawrence County, Moulton Church of Christ Fellowship Building, 597 Main Street, Moulton, AL, 6:00 p.m.
- Oct. 23, Marshall County, Guntersville Town Hall, 335 Gunter Ave, Guntersville, AL, 1:00 p.m.
- Nov. 1, Montgomery County, The Richard Beard Building Auditorium, 1445 Federal Drive, Montgomery, AL, 6:00 p.m.
- Nov. 7, Coffee County, Coffee County Farm Center, 1015 E. McKinnon St., New Brockton, AL, 6:00 p.m.
- Nov. 19, Baldwin County, The Alabama Farmers Federation, 21332 State Highway 59, Robertsdale, AL, 1:00 p.m.
Hispanic and women farmers and ranchers who farmed or attempted to farm between 1981 and 2000, who allege USDA discrimination when seeking USDA farm loan assistance are encouraged to attend one of these meetings.
For more information, please contact Vickie Lane at 334-279-3501.