Planning our Dream Wedding: The Nick and Sarah story | Community Spirit
After three days of emotions and one sobbing phone call to Sarah's sister we decided to reach out for some help.
We had no idea how difficult planning a wedding was and no clue where to start. If you've ever planned a wedding on your own please pat yourself on the back because you are amazing.
We asked our friends, family and put out an SOS on Facebook for wedding planners or ideas. If you responded to our call for help thank you. Several google searches and a meeting later we couldn't be more thrilled to have Corrie Spearing of 333 Designs planning the biggest day of our lives. After going through the process we do have some tips on how to find the right wedding planner for you...
- Google and research the planner or company. Different organizations offer different services at different prices. It is also a good idea to find and talk to a couple who used that planner/company in the past.
- Choose a planner in the area you want to say I do. Your planner is supposed to help you through the process. If they don't know the area, churches, venues, ect you are wasting your money.
- Find someone that has can help with your vision and not push things they only want. At the end of the day this person is planning your wedding and you are the one driving the bus.
- Know what services you want a planner to help you with. Some couples might only need help on the actual wedding, others may need help designing center pieces, and some couples (definitely us) need major help on even setting a date.
- Set up consultations with multiple planners. Don't go with the first one you meet with. Couples are in a euphoric mood when they first start planning. That's great but make sure you make the best choice with your spouse and don't limit yourself.
Like we said before we needed MAJOR help and Corrie has been a huge stress relief. She was able to set up our budget, schedule visits to multiple venues, find an available church, walk us through tons of options and help us with the baby steps of planning our dream day. Most important, she knows the Huntsville area better than anyone we've met. Wedding planners can be expensive, but a good planner can actually save you money in the long run. That's why it is so important to make the right decision in choosing the right fairy godmother to help ease some of the stress!
We're also visiting the Shoals Marriott Resort and Spa, this Sunday, for their annual wedding show. It's going to be a great place to talk to photgraphers, caterers, and just about any other wedding need you might have. Also, there's an opportunity to win some really great prizes and what bride and groom doesn't like the word free! Hopefully we'll see you there! Door opens at 10am and the show goes until 4pm.
If you're interested in how met feel free to click this link... Nick and Sarah's Engagement: The Final Countdown
And if you have any questions feel free to email us at email@example.com
Nick & Sarah