A WAFF-48 wedding: How do you find the right photographer? |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
After weeks of looking over nearly a dozen photographers across North Alabama we’ve finally settled on a photographer.
We really wanted someone who had a lot of experience in shooting weddings, a photographer who would be able to fit within our budget, and someone who could take more than just the generic shots every bride and groom has. Most importantly, we wanted someone that we felt comfortable with handling our big day.
Butler Studio is based out of Florence but travels to weddings across the region. We picked them for several reasons and the biggest being familiarity. The studio photographed Sarah’s sister’s wedding a few years ago and Sarah jumped at the opportunity when we found they had an opening on our wedding day. We also enjoyed that they were more than willing to travel from Florence to our Huntsville wedding. Click here to see their photo gallery.
Before we signed a contract with them - we sat down and had a conversation about all of their packages, pricing, what they like to do at weddings, and explained what kind of pictures we were hoping they could capture at ours. If we didn’t feel comfortable with them we would have gone a different direction.
When you start searching for a wedding photographer here’s a few tips we’ve discovered.
- Always look to see what kind of experience the photographer has. It might not be a good idea to book them if they’ve never shot a wedding before.
- Do they have a facebook page or website? Any established photographer is going to have examples of their work online. Look at the pictures and see if you like their style.
- Yes, photographers have different styles. You need to make sure both parties are on the same page before moving forward. You don’t want to get the pictures back and be upset they didn’t’ get the shots you really wanted.
- Have a list of questions for the photographer/studio before you go talk to them. You want to air out any questions, ideas, or concerns you have from the get go. Click here for a great list we found online.
- Know what you’re signing up for before you book. Make sure you look over the contract and read every detail. Planning a wedding is stressful enough and you don’t want any surprises to creep up on you.
Be on the lookout for our engagement photos in April! We’ve decided to wait until then so we can continue our new found healthy lifestyle and look amazing for them. (I think you can read between the lines there!)
Time has flown by since our engagement. The wedding day is only seven months away and we still know that we need to stay focused to get everything done. Our wedding planner, Corrie Spearing, has really helped us stay stress free thought the entire process and we can’t wait to tie the knot!
Nick and Sarah